Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) are making their way into mainstream, and Magento agencies have been increasingly striving to adopt the technology in recent years. The reason is digital merchants and customers alike choose to implement it - motivated by desire to benefit from the next-level features it provides.
One of the more viable PWA solutions available on the market today is ScandiPWA - a dedicated PWA theme for Magento. It is ready-made, it runs out-of-the-box, it is SEO-friendly, and it is engineered to enhance performance and drive conversion.
PWA adoption rate among Magento merchants is at its highest today. The trend is showing no sign of slowing down, but other than obvious performance benefits, the technology brings along the need for React development. And this has been a major pain point for many in the business.
Some of the reasons include
- PWA introduces a tech stack that is often alien to a normal Magento agency
- The tech stack has a certain learning curve:
- It is not just another version of PHP
- It is not something you can master in a few hours
- PWA introduces a different workflow:
- Data travel is different
- Client-side rendering has certain idiosyncrasies
- Agencies that consider hiring React developers, are often faced with additional choices to make:
- Finding and hiring a remote team specialising in React development
- Their work needs to be further organised and merged with that of the in-house Magento back-end developer team.
Whichever way the working process ends up being organised, an experienced agency understands that for an effective development, its various elements must play well together: mainly front-end and back-end, as well as the corresponding teams.
Let’s take a look at the core elements of an effective PWA / Magento development.