Blue Planet Scuba COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
As Washington, DC enters Phase 1 of its reopening plan we have instituted the following procedures to ensure the safety of our customers and staff:
Phase 1 procedures for visiting the shop:
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 we ask that you please not come to the shop. Instead, why not take advantage of our online store?
- Blue Planet will be open for curbside pick up.
- Customers should set up an appointment online through the website, call the shop at (202) 527-9419 or email us at email@example.com to schedule a pick up of any purchases, training materials, or gear.
- Customers will wear a mask when conducting a curbside pick up and are asked to not attempt to enter the shop.
Phase 2 procedures for visiting the shop:
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 we ask that you please not come to the shop.
- We encourage customers to call the shop, use our online appointment booking portal, or email us to set up an appointment.
- Customers are asked to wait for staff to come to the door prior to entering the shop.
- Upon entry customers will use the provided hand sanitizer; or their own if preferred.
- Customers will “check in” using the contactless sign in form.
- Customers are asked to please keep a mask on while in the shop at all times.
- Customers will wait to approach the desks until asked to do so by staff.
General Shop Procedures:
- Blue Planet staff will disinfect all high contact areas in the shop at regular intervals and following all customer interactions throughout the day.
- All staff and customers will wear a mask when inside of the shop at all times.
- No more than five customers are allowed in the shop at any given time.
- We ask that all customers maintain a 6 ft/1.5 m (or one large leatherback sea turtle) between themselves and any other customers or staff in the shop.
- We ask that customers and students not enter the classroom unless directed by staff.
- Customers who wish to try on gear should ask a staff member for assistance.
- All gear tried on by students will be disinfected following handling by staff or customers.
- Blue Planet promises to regularly review and update these policies as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (202) 527-9419.